Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Lost film clips

 
One of my readers (I believe it was Miss Suilyaniz again) told me that Youtube had some videos that contained the fragments of incomplete films. I have said before how much I would love to see the fragments that survive from Theda Bara's Cleopatra. Well, lo and behold, it was on there! I actually got tears in my eyes watch those maybe 18 seconds of film. It was Theda looking as beautiful and sexy as ever, just owning her role. Still has me speechless. That was just the coolest thing to see.

An added bonus to this video is that at the end is an interview with Theda, so you can hear her talk!


Here is another cool find, the only remaning part of Colleen Moore's film, Flaming Youth. For some reason, I used to think that this one did survive, but alas...Anyways, this clip is supposed to be the trailer for the film, but if you compare it to trailers nowadays, it is hard to call it a trailer. So, who knows. Sad thing is, it looked like such a cute film! I was getting engrossed, but had to stop myself because I knew it was a dead end. But seriously, how much crap does Colleen pour on herself in the beginning? Drains all these different scents on her, powders the holy hell out of her face and body, and then the finishing touch, the mole on the shoulder. Ah, flappers...


And finally....CLARA BOW IN COLOR! CLARA BOW IN COLOR! A clip from her film, Red Hair surfaced and it includes a portion in color! Oh, I love this so much.



1 comment:

  1. This is neat to see Theda in action even if it is such a small clip. I really didn;t think any of it survived. Love Clara in Colour too! I know you are a big Monkees fan so it is such a shame that Davey Jones passed away today. I am quite surprised by that. he always looked so young

    ReplyDelete